第一篇:现在尾巴到哪里去了
The lecturer on evolution had been going on for nearly two hours. then he started again, and said he:"Let me ask the evolutionist a question --- if we had tails like a baboon, where are they?" 教进化论的老师已经滔滔不绝地讲了快两个小时,他的话题又来了:“让我向进化论者提个问题——如果我们曾经像狒狒那样长着尾巴,那么现在尾巴到哪里去了?”
"I'll venture an answer, " said an old lady. "We have worn them off sitting here so long.". “我来试试看,”一位老太太说。“该是我们在这里坐这么久把它们磨掉了吧。”
词汇学习: lecturer 讲师;演讲者 evolution 进化,演化
第二篇:我是教历史的
A history teacher and his wife were sitting at a table 一位历史老师和他的妻子在吃饭
the wife asked “Anything new at work”, and he replied", no, I am teaching History". 妻子问到:“工作上有什么新鲜事吗?”丈夫回答说:“没有,我是教历史的。”
词汇学习: history teacher 历史老师 replied 回答 [replied]是[reply]的过去式形式,过去分词形式
第三篇:你说话了
A young couple was becoming anxious about their four-year-old son, who had not yet talked. They took him to specialists, but the doctors found nothing wrong with him. 一对年轻的夫妇对于他们四岁的儿子仍然不会说话这件事非常着急。他们带他去看专家,但是医生们找不出任何不正常的地方。
Then one morning at breakfast the boy suddenly blurted, "Mom, the toast is burned." 之后有一天早上,这个男孩突然说道:“妈妈,面包拷糊了。”
"You talked! You talked!" shouted his mother. "I'm so happy! But why has it taken this long." “你说话了!你说话了!”他的妈妈嚷道。“我真高兴!但是为什么要我们等这么长的时间呢?”
"Well, up till now," said the boy, "things have been okay." “嗯,直到现在,”男孩说,“每件事都很正常啊。”
词汇学习: couple 夫妻 specialists 专家
第四篇:我想你嫁给农夫琼斯
Old Farmer Johnson was dying. 老农约翰逊就要死了。
The family was standing around his bed. 他的家人都站在床边。
With a low voice he said to his wife: "When I'm dead I want you to marry farmer Jones." 他声音低沉地对妻子说:“我死后,我想你嫁给农夫琼斯。”
Wife: "No, I can't marry anyone after you." 妻子说:“不,在你死后,我不能嫁给任何人。”
Johnson: "But I want you to." 约翰逊:“但我希望你这么做。”
Wife: "But why?" 妻子:“为什么?”
Johnson: "Jones once cheated me in a horse deal!" 约翰逊:“因为琼斯曾在一笔贩马的交易中欺骗了我。”
词汇学习: voice 声音,嗓音 cheat 骗子、欺骗 [cheated]是[cheat]的过去式形式,过去分词形式
第五篇:看这只死去的小鸟
A brunette and a blonde are walking along in a park one morning. 一天早晨,一位黑人女人和一位金发女郎正走在公园里。
Suddenly, the brunette notices a dead bird. 突然,黑人女人发现了一只死去的小鸟。
"Awww, look at the dead birdie," she says sadly. “哦!看这只死去的小鸟。”她悲伤地说。
The blonde stops, looks up into the sky, and says, "Where? Where?" 金发女郎停下了脚步,她抬头望着天空,问道:“哪,在那?”
词汇学习: Notebrunette: 浅黑肤色的女人 blonde 金色的;金发女郎