On his deathbed poor Lubin lies;
His spouse is in despair;
With frequent sobs and mutual cries;
They both express their care.
“A different cause,”says Parson Sly,
“The same effect may give:
Poor Lubin fears that he may die ;
His wife,that he may live”.
合理的哀伤
马修·普赖厄
可怜的鲁宾躺在他的病床里;
他的妻子陷入绝望;
频频啜泣,相对哭啼,
他们都表达着忧伤。
“不同原因,”滑头牧师说,
“可产生同样结果:
可怜的鲁宾怕他会死;
他老婆,怕他会活。”
Dear white, something you got to know
亲爱的白种人,有几件事你必须知道。
When I was born, I was black.
当我出生时,我是黑色的
When I grow up, I am black.
我长大了,我是黑色的
When I'm under the sun, I'm black.
我在阳光下,我是黑色的
When I'm cold, I'm black.
我寒冷时,我是黑色的
When I'm afraid, I'm black.
我害怕时,我是黑色的
When I'm sick, I'm black.
我生病了,我是黑色的
When I die, I'm still black.
当我死了,我仍是黑色的。
you---white people,
你---白种人
When you were born, you were pink.
当你出生时,你是粉红色的
When you grow up, you become white.
你长大了,变成白色的
You're red under the sun.
你在阳光下,你是红色的
You're blue when you're cold.
你寒冷时,你是青色的
You are yellow when you're afraid.
你害怕时,你是黄色的
You're green when you're sick.
你生病时,你是绿色的
You're gray when you die.
当你死时,你是灰色的
And you, call me "color"?
而你,却叫我「有色人种」?