笑话大全网 - 笑话段子 - 征求几篇英语小短文、小笑话

征求几篇英语小短文、小笑话

I’ve learned… That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.

我明白了…世界上最好的教室就是老人的脚边。

I’ve learned… That when you’re in love, it shows.

我明白了…当你沉浸在爱情中,会表现出来的。

I’ve learned… That just one person saying to me, “You’ve made my day!” makes my day.

我明白了…有人告诉我“你让我很快乐!”,这使我很快乐。

I've learned… That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.

我明白了…有个孩子在在你的臂弯中入睡是世界上最安宁的感觉。

I’ve learned… That being kind is more important than being right.

我明白了…秉性善良比行事正确更为重要。

I’ve learned… That you should never say no to a gift from a child.

我明白了…永远不要拒绝一个孩子赠与的礼物。

I’ve learned… That I can always pray for someone when I don’t have the strength to help him in some other way.

我明白了…如果从各种方面我都没有能力帮助他的时候,我就为他祈祷。

I’ve learned… That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.

我明白了…不管生活让你变得多名的严肃,每个人都要有一个可以胡作非为的朋友。

I’ve learned… That sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand.

我明白了…有时候每个人都需要一只可以握住的手和一颗信任的心。

I’ve learned… That simple walks with my father around the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.

我明白了…但我孩提时在夏天夜晚陪着我父亲走过几个街区曾感动过我,当我成人时。

I’ve learned… That life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.

我明白了…生命象一卷厕纸。越到最后,走得越快。

I’ve learned… That we should be glad God doesn’t give us everything we ask for.

我明白了…我们应该感到高兴,上帝没有把我们想得到的都给予我们。

I’ve learned… That money doesn’t buy class.

我明白了…金钱并不能买到社会地位。

I’ve learned…That it’s those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular.

我明白了…就是一些生活的琐碎让生命壮丽。

I’ve learned… That under everyone’s hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.

我明白了…在某些人的坚硬外壳下,也有渴望欣赏和理解的一面。

I’ve learned… That the Lord didn’t do it all in one day. What makes me think I can?

我明白了…上帝并没有把一切都做完。否则,我能做什么呢?

I've learned… That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.

我明白了…应该忽视的是,事实并不能改变事实。

I've learned… That when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.

我明白了…如果你蓄谋报复某人,只会让那个人继续伤害你。

I’ve learned… That love, not time, heals all wounds.

我明白了…是爱,而不是时间,能够治愈一切伤痛。

I’ve learned… That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.

我明白了…使我成长的捷径就是围绕在比我聪敏的人身旁。

I’ve learned… That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.

我明白了…你遇到的所有的人都应该给他们一个微笑。

I’ve learned… That there’s nothing sweeter than sleeping with your babies and feeling their breath on your cheeks.

我明白了…在和孩子们一起睡,感受他们的呼吸喷在你的脸上的时候,世界上没有较之更甜蜜的事情。

I’ve learned…. That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.

我明白了…直到你爱上了一个人才发现原来有人是完美的。

I’ve learned…That life is tough, but I’m tougher.

我明白了…生命是艰难的,而我更坚强。

I’ve learned… That opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss.

我明白了…机会从不落空,总有人得到你错过的。

I’ve learned… That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

我明白了…当你遭遇苦难,幸福总会在某处停靠。

I’ve learned… That I wish I could have told my Dad that I love him one more time before he passed away.

我明白了…我真希望在父亲去世之前能再说一次我爱他。

I’ve learned… That one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.

我明白了…一个人应该温柔地遵守诺言,因为明天他可能就食言了。

I’ve learned… That a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks.

我明白了…微笑是最廉价的改善自己面孔的方法。

I’ve learned… That I can’t choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it.

我明白了…我不能改变我的想法,但是我可以改变我的做法。

I’ve learned… That when your newly born grandchild holds your little finger in his little fist, that you’re hooked for life.

我明白了…当最近降生的曾孙用他的小拳头握住你的小拇指的时候,你发现你对生命如此的着迷。

I’ve learned… That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.

我明白了…所有的人都想停留在山顶,但所有的乐趣和成长发生在爬上的过程里。

I’ve learned … That it is best to give advice in only two circumstances; when it is requested and when it is a life threatening situation.

我明白了…发表建议最好在以下两个场合:别人发出请求,和生命收到威胁的时候。

I’ve learned… That the less time I have to work with, the more things I get done.

我明白了…越是给很少的时间,我能做越多的事情。

Think it over……好好想想……

Today we have higher buildings and wider highways,but shorter temperaments and narrower points of view;

今天我们拥有了更高层的楼宇以及更宽阔的公路,但是我们的性情却更为急躁,眼光也更加狭隘;

We spend more,but enjoy less;

我们消耗的更多,享受到的却更少;

We have bigger houses,but smaller famillies;

我们的住房更大了,但我们的家庭却更小了;

We have more compromises,but less time;

我们妥协更多,时间更少;

We have more knowledge,but less judgment;

我们拥有了更多的知识,可判断力却更差了;

We have more medicines,but less health;

我们有了更多的药品,但健康状况却更不如意;

We have multiplied out possessions,but reduced out values;

我们拥有的财富倍增,但其价值却减少了;

We talk much,we love only a little,and we hate too much;

我们说的多了,爱的却少了,我们的仇恨也更多了;

We reached the Moon and came back,but we find it troublesome to cross our own street and meet our neighbors;

我们可以往返月球,但却难以迈出一步去亲近我们的左邻右舍;

We have conquered the uter space,but not our inner space;

我们可以征服外太空,却征服不了我们的内心;

We have highter income,but less morals;

我们的收入增加了,但我们的道德却少了;

These are times with more liberty,but less joy;

我们的时代更加自由了,但我们拥有的快乐时光却越来越少;

We have much more food,but less nutrition;

我们有了更多的食物,但所能得到的营养却越来越少了;

These are the days in which it takes two salaries for each home,but divorces increase;

现在每个家庭都可以有双份收入,但离婚的现象越来越多了;

These are times of finer houses,but more broken homes;

现在的住房越来越精致,但我们也有了更多破碎的家庭;

That's why I propose,that as of today;

这就是我为什么要说,让我们从今天开始;

You do not keep anything for a special occasion.because every day that you live is a SPECIAL OCCASION.

不要将你的东西为了某一个特别的时刻而预留着,因为你生活的每一天都是那么特别;

Search for knowledge,read more ,sit on your porch and admire the view without paying attention to your needs;

寻找更我的知识,多读一些书,坐在你家的前廊里,以赞美的眼光去享受眼前的风景,不要带上任何功利的想法;

Spend more time with your family and friends,eat your favorite foods,visit the places you love;

花多点时间和朋友与家人在一起,吃你爱吃的食物,去你想去的地方;

Life is a chain of moments of enjoyment;not only about survival;

生活是一串串的快乐时光;我们不仅仅是为了生存而生存;

Use your crystal goblets.Do not save your best perfume,and use it every time you feel you want it.

举起你的水晶酒杯吧。不要吝啬洒上你最好的香水,你想用的时候就享用吧!

Remove from your vocabulary phrases like"one of these days"or "someday";

从你的词汇库中移去所谓的“有那么一天”或者“某一天”;

Let's write that letter we thought of writing "one of these days"!

曾打算“有那么一天”去写的信,就在今天吧!

Let's tell our families and friends how much we love them;

告诉家人和朋友,我们是多么地爱他们;

Do not delay anything that adds laughter and joy to your life;

不要延迟任何可以给你的生活带来欢笑与快乐的事情;

Every day,every hour,and every minute is special;

每一天、每一小时、每一分钟都是那么特别;

And you don't know if it will be your last.

你无从知道这是否最后刻。

=========================================

Rush匆匆--朱自清

Swallows may have gone, but there is a time of return; willow trees may have died back, but there is a time of regreening; peach blossoms may have fallen, but they will bloom again. Now, you the wise, tell me, why should our days leave us, never to return? - If they had been stolen by someone, who could it be? Where could he hide them? If they had made the escape themselves, then where could they stay at the moment?

燕子去了,有再来的时候;杨柳枯了,有再青的时候;桃花谢了,有再开的时候。但是,聪明的,你告诉我,我们的日子为什么一去不复返呢?——是有人偷了他们罢:那是谁?又藏在何处呢?是他们自己逃走了:现在又到了哪里呢?

I don't know how many days I have been given to spend, but I do feel my hands are getting empty. Taking stock silently, I find that more than eight thousand days have already slid away from me. Like a drop of water from the point of a needle disappearing into the ocean, my days are dripping into the stream of time, soundless, traceless. Already sweat is starting on my forehead, and tears welling up in my eyes.

我不知道他们给了我多少日子;但我的手确乎是渐渐空虚了。在默默里算着,八千多日子已经从我手中溜去;象针尖上一滴水滴在大海里,我的日子滴在时间的流里,没有声音也没有影子。我不禁头涔涔而泪潸潸了。

Those that have gone have gone for good, those to come keep coming; yet in between, how swift is the shift, in such a rush? When I get up in the morning, the slanting sun marks its presence in my small room in two or three oblongs. The sun has feet, look, he is treading on, lightly and furtively; and I am caught, blankly, in his revolution. Thus--the day flows away through the sink when I wash my hands, wears off in the bowl when I eat my meal, and passes away before my day-dreaming gaze as reflect in silence. I can feel his haste now, so I reach out my hands to hold him back, but he keeps flowing past my withholding hands. In the evening, as I lie in bed, he strides over my body, glides past my feet, in his agile way. The moment I open my eyes and meet the sun again, one whole day has gone. I bury my face in my hands and heave a sigh. But the new day begins to flash past in the sigh.

去的尽管去了,来的尽管来着,去来的中间,又怎样的匆匆呢?早上我起来的时候,小屋里射进两三方斜斜的太阳。太阳他有脚啊,轻轻悄悄地挪移了;我也茫茫然跟着旋转。于是——洗手的时候,日子从水盆里过去;吃饭的时候,日子从饭碗里过去;默默时,便从凝然的双眼前过去。我觉察他去的匆匆了,伸出手遮挽时,他又从遮挽着的手边过去,天黑时,我躺在床上,他便伶伶俐俐地从我身边垮过,从我脚边飞去了。等我睁开眼和太阳再见,这算又溜走了一日。我掩着面叹息。但是新来的日子的影儿又开始在叹息里闪过了。

What can I do, in this bustling world, with my days flying in their escape? Nothing but to hesitate, to rush. What have I been doing in that eight-thousand-day rush, apart from hesitating? Those bygone days have been dispersed as smoke by a light wind, or evaporated as mist by the morning sun. What traces have I left behind me? Have I ever left behind any gossamer traces at all? I have come to the world, stark naked; am I to go back, in a blink, in the same stark nakedness? It is not fair though: why should I have made such a trip for nothing!

在逃去如飞的日子里,在千门万户的世界里的我能做些什么呢?只有徘徊罢了,只有匆匆罢了;在八千多日的匆匆里,除徘徊外,又剩些什么呢?过去的日子如轻烟却被微风吹散了,如薄雾,被初阳蒸融了;我留着些什么痕迹呢?我何曾留着象游丝样的痕迹呢?我赤裸裸来到这世界,转眼间也将赤裸裸地回去罢?但不能平的,为什么偏要白白走这一遭啊?

You the wise, tell me, why should our days leave us, never to return?

你聪明的,告诉我,我们的日子为什么一去不复返呢?